Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Projects, Learning, & Stories

Last week on Friday, Lincoln had a monthly project due for school.  It was an "All About Me" project.  His teacher sent home a cut out poster board of the letter of his name.  We were to glue pictures or anything that described him.


I printed off pictures that best describe Lincoln and what he loves and found stickers to give it a little flare.  It turned out cute and I can't wait to see it displayed at school!

Also, last Friday, Kenadie brought home her crafts from school.  They learn about one letter each week and last week was letter "A".  I've got to make her a school keepsake box like I did for Lincoln to save all of her goodies she brings home.



Something else I put back to save was this painting.


This painting is special because this was the first painting she did at school.  And in order to paint, you must wear a smock.  Kenadie absolutely refused to put on a smock at orientation and the first week of school, but when I picked her up from school on Friday, the very first thing she told me was, "I wore a smock today!".   She was so proud that she over come this "fear" of wearing a smock.  She loves school so much and asks every day if she gets to go.


Last night at the dinner table Kenadie shared with us that she was learning about dinosaurs at school.  There is one really mean dinosaur that is in control over the others.  When asked which dinosaur it was, she came back with, "Bronco-saurus".  Apparently, she has been taught well by her cousin and aunt who love Peyton Manning and the Broncos.  :)

Kenadie was also the leader in her group at school for the first time.  She had been telling me every day that someone else was the leader and she wasn't.  I knew she wanted to be the leader, but was probably too shy to volunteer, but yesterday was her day!

No comments:

Post a Comment