Friday, August 8, 2014

Preschool Orientation Day!

Today was Kenadie's Preschool Orientation Day.  We got to meet with her teachers and check out the classroom.

Kenadie was SO excited that it was finally her turn to get to go to school.  As I was getting her ready along with myself and two other children, I quickly realized that I am going to have to get up early on school mornings to make sure I am showered and ready so I can get all three children ready and out the door on time.  I see very early bed times in my future!

When we got to school, Kenadie was a little shy and hid behind me a little when the teachers tried talking to her.  They were very sweet and patient with her though, so that eased my mind for when she starts Monday and I have to leave her.




I honestly think that she acts shy more so when I am around.  People have told me that she will talk and participate once I leave.  I am really hoping that is the case and she thrives this school year and comes out of her shell.

We stayed for probably an hour and she was still shy.  I asked several times if I could get a picture of her actually looking at me, but she would not look at me at all.




She got a little more comfortable and moved around the room and played with different things.





really wanted her picture in front of this board that has all of the students names, BUT she would not look at me.  However, she did search for her name and pointed to it.

She is officially a preschooler now and her first day will be Monday.  I am praying that I won't lose it and cry.  It is so emotional for me right now.  My babies are growing up and there's no stopping them!

No comments:

Post a Comment