Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bays Mountain Park

Last week, Chris and I took the kids to Bays Mountain Park for some family fun.  Chris had been to this park a couple of times, but the kids and I had never been before.  It was such a fun day.  It was so pretty there and not crowded at all.

We knew this would be one of very few last chances to do something with the kids before they start school full time, so it was so nice to have this time with them.

The pretty dam we walked across.  


Lincoln and Kenadie loved this and thought it was so neat.







They had lots of trials and different habitats.  My favorite was Lily Cove.  I love lily pads.


As soon as we parked, we were met by a doe.  It was not afraid of anyone.  Trying to bum food from others who were picnicking.


We saw three wolves.  That was pretty neat to see up close, but that's as close as I would like to see one and really ever want to see.  

We hope to make it  back during Fall season while the leaves are changing.  I know it will be beautiful then.





It was a fun family day.  We left the park and headed to Longhorn Steakhouse for supper and then we went shopping for Lincoln's school supplies.   I am going to miss these days when we can just pack up and go when and where ever we want, but I am also looking forward to the school year too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment